Friday 17 February 2012

Barry M - Dusky Mauve

This is a new acquisition, Barry M's Dusky Mauve. Initially, I thought that in the bottle it looks very like Mushroom, but then when you lift the bottle and move it around in the light, it's obvious that there is a lot of purple shimmer in there too.
dusky mauve 4
This is two coats with topcoat. The formula is typical Barry M - smooth, dries well, covers really well, and very glossy. I was a bit disappointed with how little purple there is once this is on the nails - to me this looks mainly like a dark putty-ish grey colour. There is a clear purple tinge in certain lights and certain movements, but it's not nearly as obvious as it is in the bottle.
dusky mauve 1
My skin is terrible at the moment - it looks bad here, but the reason I haven't posted in a while is that it was looking ten times worse than this for the last week!  My skin is very dry and cracked, and I have had a few little cuts and scratches too. I blame the cold weather! I'm going to have a bit of pampering this weekend.
dusky mauve 5

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of my late lamented Agnes B Dark Sparkling Brown. The purple sparkle always vanished once I added topcoat, I wonder if this is the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know - it wasn't very purple even before I added topcoat.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...