Wednesday 4 July 2012

Nails Inc - Colville Mews

This was my free gift from Nails Inc for joining their VIP club. For £5 for a year, you get a free full size polish (this one, Colville Mews) and 10% off every order, and a free gift on your birthday. Bargain!

I would not have chosen to buy this polish. I don't really do these subtle, nude shades anyway, and I already have (and really like) Essie Sand Tropez, so I don't really need another. But I don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

This is two coats of Colville Mews, with topcoat. I thought it was ok, but I prefer the way that Essie's Sand Tropez looks. I am really bad at describing colours, and the two look very similar in the bottles. However, I think that Sand Tropez has a touch more grey in the mix, and Colville Mews has more... something else. And whatever the something else is, I think is less flattering on my hand. While I really really liked Sand Tropez, I'm not overly keen on Colville Mews.
colville mews 3
Also, this one chipped and peeled really badly during the first morning of wearing this. As I had such a fail with the Nails Inc Jubilee, I wondered whether it was to do with the basecoat I used. Instead of my usual OPI Nail Envy, I used the mini Caviar Basecoat that came with my Nails Inc set - I used this both with Colville Mews and with Jubilee the other day. 
colville mews 2
You can already see a couple of tiny chips on the tip of my index finger, and that's within hours of finishing painting.

My ring is OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You? and I Lily Love You.

I will try this again with a different basecoat, but I doubt I'll end up keeping this one.

(I have never heard of Colville Mews as a London street, so I looked it up. Apparently it's in Notting Hill, near Portobello Market.)


2 comments:

  1. Sand Tropez looks pinker on their website than Colville Mews, but Colville is slightly pinker on you, and that could be what makes your hands look a little pale. Pretty, but a bit washed out for me. I like my neutrals a bit stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree, it's too washed out to work. Sand Tropez is just that touch browner/darker/whatever that makes it nicer.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...