Thursday 28 March 2013

China Glaze - Pink-ie Promise

This is another of the China Glaze Avant Garden collection. I've now bought all but one of the pastel ones.  This is Pink-ie Promise, two coats with topcoat.
pink-ie promise 3
Pink-ie Promise is a delicate soft pink. There is a subtle shimmer in the bottle, which is really hard to capture in a photo. It doesn't really translate to the nail (although you can see it in some lights, and it adds a bit of depth to the colour), but the pink is so pretty that it doesn't really matter. 
pink-ie promise 2
I found the application a little trickier than usual with China Glaze. The formula was a bit thicker I think, and I flooded my cuticles on a few nails. The first coat is also a bit streaky, although the second coat was perfect. I think this is such a pretty colour though!
pink-ie promise 1
I like this one!  I'll have more of the Avant Garden pastels tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. suits your skintone so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really grown on me today. I've had it on all day and while it's really subtle for work, I think it's a really flattering shade. Might not be the most exciting ever, but it's pretty isn't it?

      Delete
    2. its gorgeous! i am in love with pinks like this!

      Delete
    3. I think tomorrow I'm going to add some gold studs.

      Delete
  2. I think that's your "mannequin hands" shade! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure what that means and whether it's a good thing or not, but I'm guessing it is! So thanks.

      Delete
    2. For a while there it was "a fashion" to find a nail polish that made your nails disappear into your skin, so to speak. [ http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2009/12/show-mannequin-hands.html#.UVpKiRzihYU ]

      I think of it as "a look"-- like having your perfect, signature red shade or your favorite vampy color. =)

      Delete
    3. Gotcha.

      This is a funny one. SOmetimes it looks like the mannequin thing, and sometimes (in sunglight say) it looks like a very different shade to my skin, a very pink pink.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...