Monday 1 June 2015

Hairspray Nails! Pink Alcohol Watermarble

Recently I've been seeing alcohol spray nail designs everywhere (often referred to as hairspray manis). This is a form of water marbling. 

The way this works is that you drop the polish on the water as you normally would, but instead of dropping concentric circles and swirling them, you spray some form of alcohol on the surface after the first drop of polish has spread out. This should break up the surface of the polish into lots of little holes, which you then dip the nail in to. 


I started with a base of Models Own Coconut Cream, a lovely creamy white polish. I then used Bubblegum and some Impulse body spray to make the first layer of colour. This is what it looked like!


I was using liquid latex to keep the skin round my fingers clean.


I then used Chrome Cerise to make a second layer, and Sun Hat to make a third. I then cleaned up and added topcoat. 


I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of contrast between the colours - next time I'll choose something far more contrasting - but I LOVE the way the patterns formed and the way this turned out. I like the index finger nail best. 

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! There are some gorgeous results out there. I'm going to have to practice a lot!

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...