Sunday 29 January 2017

Purple Gradient - and Not Knowing When to Stop!

Yesterday I did a pretty purple gradient using three Barry M polishes - Fondant, Sugar Plum and Blackberry.



I really liked this, and wore it alone for the day.


Today I wanted to do something else to it, and decided to do a freehand floral design over it. I used some thin brushes and Konad White to make some grassy leafy stems, which I thought looked quite pretty.  


However, because I never know when to leave well enough alone, I started adding Barry M Lilac Foil - which wasn't too bad when it was just the stems, but then I added stupid flowery blobs on top of the stems too, which was a mistake.   I don't like how this all looks, so I've taken these off now. Boo.




 

7 comments:

  1. Although I love the base and grass, I agree it maybe went one step too far with the flowers. I often do this with manis and then wish I had stopped. You'll just have to redo that gorgeous base!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know when to stop! Plus the flowers were far too messy. Thank you for the compliment on the first bit though!

      Delete
  2. You totes should've gone over it with Fairy Dust or Electric Lane. Can rescue all kinds of things! I think you were being a bit hard on the poor flowers though, i liked them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.... Please suggest some ideas for short nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is my favorite color. Thank you for sharing such beautiful paint and painting. I will find and buy them. I also want to share with everyone, how to get bottles of cooking oil made from essential oil products: Máy ép dầu, May ep dau, Máy lọc dầu, Máy ép tinh dầu, Máy ép dầu thực vật,..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, We are Children's Furniture – Bao An Kids. Surely when you come to this page, you are looking for a professional children's interior design and construction unit to help you advise and choose for your family and baby to have a perfect and comfortable living space. the safest. Thank you very much for trusting and wanting to accompany Bao An Kids. giường tầng bé trai

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...