Wednesday 21 December 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Forget You

This is part two of my Deborah Lippmann gift set, Forget You.
forget you 6
This is a sheer black base, with multicoloured glitter. It's quite a thick formula, and went on a bit lumpy at times, but it evened out, and with some practice I got it quite smooth.  This is two coats with two coats of topcoat (Seche Vite). 
forget you 4

This looks totally different to ordinary black glitter with Happy Birthday over the top (I've done that, but not taken photos) as this is much more three dimensional, and you can see glitter hidden underneath the layers of black.
forget you 1
We also had some sunshine today! Well, daylight at least! Enough for me to take photos anyway.
forget you 2
I really like how different this is, but to be honest I didn't love this as much as I expected to. I like the multicoloured glitter, and I like the layered effect, but I was a bit disappointed by how thick it was and I would have liked it to be sparklier. I also found there seemed to be a lot more glitter in this than in Candy Shop - Candy Shop had plenty of pink between the glitter, even with three coats, whereas this seems to have a far more solid glitter cover even though it's two coats. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I prefer the look of Candy Shop, even though I do love black nail varnish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...