Sunday 10 June 2012

China Glaze Beach Cruise-r

I'm totally spamming this blog this weekend!  I just realised that my last post (OPI Pirouette My Whistle) was my 100th! Wooo!
beach cruise-r 4
Today I am wearing one of the China Glaze 2012 Summer Neons collection. This is Beach Cruise-r, a bright purple neon with some blue shimmer in there as well.  This is one coat of Beach Cruise-r over one coat of a white base (Models Own Pro French White), and one coat of topcoat (Seche Vite). 
beach cruise-r 6
Application is really smooth - the formula is lovely. I tried this without the white base, and it's also really good, and almost as bright. I decided to use the white though just in case the colour stained, and to make this even brighter!
beach cruise-r 2
Like most neons, it's really hard to take an entirely accurate colour photo of this. In reality is a very bright (probably not super neon bright though, it's not quite highlighter-pen luminous!) and cheerful. I like this for summer. 
beach cruise-r 5
What's with the name though? Why isn't it just called Beach Cruiser?  Why the hyphen? Am I being really dim, and missing something? Please enlighten me if you know!
beach cruise-r 7


4 comments:

  1. Never thought of using a white base to brighten the top colour - thnx for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It works really well, and means you don't need as many layers of the colour, and it can help if your top colour is a bit streaky.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 100 posts :) love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...