First there's the Liebster Award
And then there's the Blog Your Heart Out award
So, there are a TONNE of questions to go with these!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
- Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
- Absolutely NO tag backs. (no, I don't know what this means either!)
- Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 things about me:
- My first cat was called Ponky.
- I have double jointed thumbs.
- I keep a record of all the books I read, and when I remember, add them to a spreadsheet.
- I sing to my cats (badly).
- As a seven year old, I nearly rioted in the cinema because Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings was ALL WRONG, and I'm still cross about it.
- I can pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. And spell it without looking.
- I do modern jive and tango dancing - or I do, when my stupid foot isn't injured. I haven't danced since the summer because of this, and I miss it.
- I woke up today with a desperate urge to listen to INXS's Kick, but found I only have it on vinyl and can't play it, so I had to download it again.
- I like to put my pyjamas on when I come home from work.
- I do not like coriander - ewwwwww.
- The best thing I can cook is chocolate brownies.
Ari's questions for me:
- Asgard: Loki or Thor? Neither, as I know next to nothing about them, other than that they're from mythology.
- Lacquer: Red or Pink? Is that nail varnish? Red.
- Make-up: Lipstick or Lipgloss? Neither, I never wear any. But if I was forced, I suppose lipstick. Lipgloss is just a sticky mess.
- Food: Sushi or Pasta? Never had sushi and it does not appeal, so pasta.
- Drink: Coffee or Tea? Both, depending on time of day and my mood. But probably tea.
- Sweet: Chocolate or Fruit? Oh fruit every time. I only eat chocolate very very rarely.
- Fandoms, part 1: Star Wars or Star Trek? Neither, not my bag.
- Fandoms, part 2: Doctor Who or Sherlock? Doctor Who! I loved the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock, but Doctor Who is my childhood love.
- Vampires: sparkle or no sparkle? Not a fan of vampires at all, sorry.
- Books: paper or digital? I love both. But definitely prefer reading digitally now.
- Hunger Games: Peeta or Gale? Meh. I read the books, but was quite bored with the love triangle thing. Gale appealed to me more initially. I think the author got bored of him in book 3 though, off he popped without a trace or a proper ending.
- Favourite book?
- Favourite cheese?
- Favourite non alcoholic drink?
- Favourite alcoholic drink?
- Red or blue?
- Sea or river?
- City or countryside?
- Mountains or beach?
- Cats or dogs?
- Elephants or tigers?
- Do you mind spiders?
Blog Your Heart Out Award
The Blog Your Heart Out button for girls and young women that love to blog. It is awarded to bloggers that have under 100 followers and, well, blog their heart out! If you are awarded, you must nominate 5 other bloggers with under 100 followers and answer the following questions:
- What/who encouraged you start blogging?
- How did you choose what topic(s) to blog about?
- What is something that most people don't know about you?
- What are 3 words to describe your style?
- What do you like to do when you're not blogging?
1. I had been reading lots of nail blogs, and wanted to have a go! I was blogging about non-nail things before that though, having had a LiveJournal since 2004. I started that so that I could keep in touch with friends who lived all over the country.
2. My LiveJournal is about my life in general - the sort of things I'd talk to my friends about if I was with them in person. My nail blog started because I love painting my nails, and can easily get carried away with an addiction like that.
3. Hey, if most people don't know it, it's secret for a reason, and it's staying that way! Most people I know in real life don't know I have a nail blog though.
4. My style? Um... I honestly don't think I have any. I wear whatever's clean and doesn't need ironing, and whatever fits. I paint my nails but wear no other make up. I nearly always choose comfort over fashion...
5. Currently I like to sleep! Lots and lots of sleep! But I also like dancing, reading, watching Doctor Who, taking photographs, going for walks, travelling, cooking...
To finish off, I'm tagging:
- Jazz at Glitter Infatuation
- Jane at Hen's Nest
- Jem's Polish
- Jenn at Paperbacks and Polish
- Grocery Gems - nothing to do with nail varnish! She blogs about limited edition foods and grocery items, yum!