Tuesday 4 December 2012

China Glaze - Creative Fantasy

The latest new collection from China Glaze is the Worlds Away Cirque du Soleil collection. I was surprised to see it in stock at my local tiny shop, as they're usually a bit behind on new collections. Anyway, I bought two, this one and the bright pink, Escaping Reality.
creative fantasy 4
This is Creative Fantasy, three coats with topcoat.
creative fantasy 2
Creative Fantasy is a grape purple jelly. Application is a little tricky, but I think it's worth it! The first coat is pretty hideous - streaky and patchy and ugly. It's also quite a watery formula, so there is higher likelihood of flooding the cuticles. The second coat looks good though, and I think the third coat makes it perfect. This dries to a satiny matte sheen, so these photos are with topcoat. I used Seche Vite, which did give me quite a bit of tip shrinkage, so next time I think I'd use a different topcoat.
creative fantasy 3
I love how this looks! It reminds me of the little pots of grape jelly you get in hotels in the States. I love how juicy it looks, and how the colour deepens with multiple coats.
creative fantasy 1
I also really like how the colour shows a bit paler at the edges. I think this might work for a syrup gradient type mani, which I've seen on other blogs and been tempted by...

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely purple!

    Ugg I keep being tempted by this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't want to know how nice the pink is then... :D

      Delete
  2. The effect on the edges is lovely. Really looks edible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, doesn't it? Like a boiled sweet.

      Delete
  3. Interesting! I just picked this one up yesterday and had no idea it was a jelly (I just liked the color).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I suppose it isn't a total jelly as it's more opaque than some, but it definitely is more jellyish than not, I think. I really like how it looks.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...