Sunday 10 March 2013

OPI Liquid Sand - Can't Let Go

This is the last of my Mariah Carey OPI liquid sand set - Can't Let Go (the purple one).  This is two coats of Can't Let Go worn without topcoat.
can't let go matte 2
Can't Let Go is a deep purple glitter that dries to a rough, textured finish. Like the others in this collection, it's quick drying and easy to apply, and dries to this rough, sandy finish. I actually quite like how this looks in the photos, but I am not at all keen on how it feels on my nails. Plus, I just don't think the gritty texture allows the gorgeousness of this glitter to show through - whilst it does have some sparkle, it's mostly quite dull in finish.
can't let go matte 1
Add some topcoat though, and this just comes alive! You can really see the depth of the sparkle and shine in the different tones of purple in the glitter. 
can't let go glossy 2
This is three coats (yes! this polish eats topcoat!) of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat. 
can't let go glossy 1
What do you think? I love how this looks glossy, although I'm a bit apprehensive about the removal!

2 comments:

  1. Glossy is where it's at.
    If it's gonna be matte, it's gotta be flat.

    (PS- Sorry, read a lot of Dr Seuss last week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just don't get the point of the texture thing.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...