Saturday 9 March 2013

Pastel Skittle with Gold Leaf

Today I wanted something springlike and pretty, so I chose a selection of pastels and did a skittle mani, to which I then added OPI's Man with the Golden Gun gold leaf topcoat. 
pastel skittle matte 3
I've discovered that shaking this gold leaf topcoat is a big no-no! The ball bearings break up the delicate gold leaf into tiny bits. So before using this I just turn the bottle upside down for a bit rather than shaking, to bring all the flakes to the top. 
pastel skittle matte 4
The colours I've used are:
OPI Man with the Golden Gun, China Glaze For Audrey, Barry M Lychee, Strawberry Ice Cream, Rimmel Ultra Violet, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream.
pastel skittles
I then added Rimmel Pro Matte Finish topcoat to mattify everything. This reminds me of Cadbury's mini eggs! I think it's the smooth matte finish and the speckled look that does it.
pastel skittle glossy 1
I also tried it glossy, just to see what it was like. I think I prefer it matte though! What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combo!! I love the look of the gold flakes mattified. Wanted to pin this but it won't let me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might redo it later in the week with a darker base...

      Delete
  2. Myrtle Bucket-Truck III9 March 2013 at 17:05

    They DO look like mini eggs! I prefer the matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      (lol at your latest name!)

      Delete
    2. I haven't used it again as it made me do a Captcha thing. It hasn't done that since so I can only assume it was triggered by the name.

      Delete
    3. No that was me - I've been turning Captcha onan offagain.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...