Saturday 21 February 2015

Thermal Red-Black with Secret Stamping!

I've showed you this Dance Legend thermal polish before (see post here), but last time I wore it, my nails were very short. While the polish looked good, I was looking forward to seeing what it looked like now my nails are longer again. 


The answer is - pretty damn good!  There's some tip shrinkage here from the Seche Vite topcoat, as I'd been wearing this for a couple of days when I took these pics. 


This is two coats of Dance Legend Termo 181, with topcoat for shine.


This is a red to black jelly polish, full of red and gold glitter. When it's cold it's a glossy black, with some of the glitter hinting through. When it's warm, it's a gorgeous orangey-firey red. 


This is immediately after holding my hand under the hot tap...


And this is the polish gradually cooling down on the tips...


And this French mani look is the appearance it's had for most of the last two days - warm fingers, cool nail tips. 

This morning, I wasn't ready to take this off yet. So I stamped over the polish with Konad Black and MoYou London Pro XL 14. 

When cold, the stamping isn't at all visible. It's just black polish with a few bits of glitter. 

But when I come inside from the cold, the design starts to appear!


And a bit more...


And a bit more... 


And a bit more!  I touched up the tips slightly with the Konad Black to cover the shrinkage. 

I'm thrilled with how this turned out! I think it looks really cool and quite elegant. It sort of reminds me of posh damask wallpaper or something.



 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I have to try this as I also have this Dance Legend polish and I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous polish isn't it?

      I've stamped over thermals before, but usually in a contrasting colour. It only just occurred to me to try using the same colour!

      Delete
  2. This is a great polish. I've just had it on recently and love it. And the idea with the stamping, brilliant :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw it on your blog - really suits you!

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...