I did a very simple look using two of the Barry M Gellys which I posted about a month ago. I wasn't a huge fan of the brushes or the staining last time, but these were a lot easier to use second time round.
I started with two coats of Black Cherry, the very dark red one. I then used tape to mark off long triangles, and painted a coat of the red glittery one, Sparkling Ruby over the top. Just for good measure, and because I have a glamorous evening ahead in my pyjamas, I added a sparkly red rhinestone.
I love how these look!
I think Sparkling Ruby looks so much better over the dark base - it's somehow a lot more sophisticated than in its pure bright red form.
I'm a bit shocked at how much my nails have grown recently too! They're looking really long! That makes me think they'll probably break very soon...