Saturday 5 December 2015

Revlon Shine Addict Nail Buffer

I was recently contacted and asked if I'd like to try the Revlon Shine Addict Buffer, and I jumped at the chance!  I usually buff my nails with one of those multi-sided padded nail file things, which work ok, but which are a bit of a faff and don't really last very well.

As you can see, the buffer comes with batteries and 4 interchangeable spare heads, as well as an instruction book. The buffer itself is a neat handbag size, and isn't particularly heavy.


To use this, you first buff the nails with the greeny-grey roller for a couple of seconds. This looks sort of sandpapery, but it's actually quite soft and spongy. The roller spins quickly and buffs nails smooth very easily.  I tested this on my skin too, as I was worried that it might slip and be rough on my cuticles - but it wouldn't hurt at all! It doesn't damage skin. I would recommend not pressing down at all, as you don't need to. If you do, I can feel the surface of the nail getting quite hot. 


Changing buffers is really easy - the cross in the middle is hard plastic, and the roller just slips off and the new one just slips on. After the greeny grey buffer, you just swap it for the white white polishing roller, which is softer and smoother.  This gave a lovely smooth finish with fabulous shine.My nails here are completely bare, no polish or anything.


My nails, especially my thumbs, are quite ridgy, and a buffer is really helpful in smoothing the surface out before I paint them. I find that a standard chunky padded buffer type thing can be a bit awkward to use, especially on my right hand. This was much easier and quicker, and had a much more effective result too.  I'm convinced!

This would make a really good Christmas present, I think! You can buy this on Amazon for under £30 (click here) where you can also buy replacement buffer rollers. 

Whilst I wouldn't say this was an essential nail care item, I think it's really good, and I will definitely be using it regularly.  




This buffer was provided for my honest review. See my Disclaimer for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...