Thursday 23 February 2012

17 - Fury

This is 17's "Fast Finish" polish, called Fury.  
fury 2
I haven't bought any 17 polishes before, apart from the magnetic ones I bought recently that were my first. I bought this one because I love gold nail varnish, and this was a different sort of gold that I hadn't seen elsewhere before.
fury 3
I really like the colour. It's a nice rich, warm browny gold, and has a lovely shine to it. 
fury 2
However, I hated the application. The brush strokes were really visible, especially on the first coat. The second coat helped, but the polish was also quite thick and gloopy, and was quite uneven. Seche Vite topcoat did help, but it's still not particularly even on the nails. It also didn't wear particularly well. I put this on last night, and wore it to work today, before I took these photos, and it is wearing on the tips already.

So, overall - I was a bit disappointed. Their magnetic polishes were really good, but this one not so much. Having said that, it's dead cheap, so I suppose it's to be expected.

I wore it with my Fantasy Fire ring though, and I thought they went really well together. The ring reminds me of Coca Cola! It's mostly a firey goldy brown colour, but turns bluey-green in certain lights, especially in natural light.
fantasy fire ring 5

fantasy fire ring 6

fantasy fire ring 2

fantasy fire ring 3

fantasy fire ring 1



9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well hello Greg! I would never have guessed you were a nail varnish fan. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Wow, Gary as well! What a treat tonight is turning out to be!

      Delete
  2. I've stopped buying No. 7 and No. 17 polish now because I don't like the brush/application, even though they make some very pretty colours. Barry M is cheap too but it applies much better I find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't think I've ever had a problem at all with Barry M. I wasn't very impressed at all with this 17 apart from liking the colour.

      Delete
  3. I just bought this colour today...disappointed to read the application is not great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know - you might have more luck than me! Maybe I was just being incompetent!

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...