I'm getting really frustrated with the difference between how my nails look to my eyes, and how they look in a macro photo. I did these, cleaned them up, was confident that the glequins were mostly more or less aligned, and that my cuticules were clean. Then I saw the photos... Argh! I think I need a giant magnifying glass for doing my nails.
Anyway, this is two coats of my usual black, Rimmel Black Out. Another fail - this has gone all gloopy! Even with a good amount of Seche Restore added, it's still thick and didn't dry smoothly the way it usually does. Seche Vite sorted that, but I'm not happy. I will try adding a good bit more Restore, and see if that works.
I then added these glequins from the Born Pretty online shop, in two lines across each tip. I considered using all one colour, but when I couldn't decide which colour, I went for multiple colours instead. I then added three layers of topcoat, to smooth it all down.
These were really sparkly in the light, and I had to keep wiggling my fingers around to catch the light. It kept me entertained for hours!