Sunday 26 May 2013

China Glaze - Turned up Turquoise

This is a bit of an odd one!  I was in my local small independent beauty shop the other day, which sells China Glaze, and the lady was putting out a 'new' China Glaze display. She was using the card stand from the Hologlam display, but I could see that they were bright neons, so I assumed they were the new summer collection. I started looking, and we chatted a bit, and she said they were the new collection, and weren't they gorgeous? I agreed, and chose this one, Turned Up Turquoise, as it was a shade I really don't have at all in my collection.
turned up turquoise 2
This is two coats of Turned Up Turquoise, no topcoat.  I was a bit surprised to find this dried matte. It also had a really tricky application - it dries ridiculously quickly, which means you have to work fast if you don't want lumpy bits. It also stains A LOT. Because I didn't recognise that as one of the 2013 collection, I googled, and apparently this is from the 2008 WOW Factor collection! It must have sneaked on to the display by accident!
turned up turquoise 1
Anyway, I am not convinced. I like the colour - super bright neon bluey-green (although it's impossible to capture on camera!) - but the application was so awkward that I don't know if it was worth it.
turned up turquoise 3
I also found the clean-up really tricky - as you can probably see, it was almost impossible to clean off my cuticles neatly. So overall, not a huge hit with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...