Friday 25 November 2011

China Glaze - Love, Marilyn

Last month, when I saw the OPI Muppets collection, I bought Fresh Frog of Bel Air. I also really wanted Gettin' Miss Piggy With It, which was a similar polish in red and silver. I didn't buy it at the time though, and then this week I saw the China Glaze Eye Candy collection, and bought the very similar looking Love, Marilyn. 
cg love marilyn 5
While I really liked Fresh Frog of Bel Air, my only issues with it were the terrible smell, and the fact that it was really hard to remove. It was also a bit patchy, and although three coats was opaque enough for me, there were some gaps between the glitter when you looked closely.

cg love marilyn 2
Love Marilyn doesn't have the very large glitter that is in the OPI; instead it has more evenly sized red and silver glitter in a clear base. The even sizing means it applies a lot more evenly than the OPI, and looked more covered after two layers, and pretty much totally opaque after three. It also lay a lot smoother on the nail than the OPI, and the silver was more evenly distributed among the red. And it didn't stink to high heaven either, so it wins on all counts.

cg love marilyn 3

I absolutely adore how this looks - it is so bright and sparkly and festive. I will definitely be wearing this again at Christmas. 
cg love marilyn 1
The final bit of good news was that just like the Blonde Bombshell in the same collection, I managed to get this to peel off perfectly after two days - the three coats and topcoat all bonded together into one, so perfect removal with no need for removers!
cg love marilyn closeup
You can see in the closeup how sparkly it is - it's even reflecting off onto the rest of my hand!

(Also - do my cuticles look a bit better? I've been oiling them with China Glaze peppermint oil, which smells so amazing that I don't care if it doesn't work, I'll happily just sit and sniff my fingertips!)

4 comments:

  1. Perfect for christmas..I can't help thinking combined with the peppermint oil your fingers will be sort of like candy canes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - they really are! I'm planning a white & red glitter striped peppermint candy cane thing for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have have this on my toes and I love it A LOT! It looks even more amazing layered over China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'll have to try that! I love Ruby Pumps. And yes, it does look great on toes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...