Sunday 18 January 2015

Very Imperfect Stamping

I couldn't decide what colour to do my nails, so I left the choice up to my friend Kate.  She picked yellow and black (aargh!) and this is what I came out with.


The yellow is Barry M Mustard Gelly.  This is two coats. I really like Mustard - as yellows go, it's quite a flattering shade, and the formula is really good.   I then stamped over it using Konad Black and MoYou London Pro XL 01.  


Now, I think I'm about ready to give up on Konad Black! I have never once had a successful stamping experience with it - there is always at least one nail where the stamp either doesn't transfer properly (middle finger) or where it smears with topcoat (several nails today) or where it goes all weird and peels off before I can add topcoat (middle and thumb especially here).  This doesn't happen when I stamp with anything else! So that's it, no more stupid Konad Black! I'm buying something better. 

I'm not particularly happy with this at all. However, I'm leaving them on, as I want to go to bed, and the right hand is much better, and they don't look too bad at arm's length.




6 comments:

  1. Not signed in Myrtle18 January 2015 at 21:56

    Now that I'm doing The Stamping I was wondering what actual stamping polish would be like so I've ordered some MoYou Black Knight to try. I'll beware of Konad. I also got a bit carried away and bought some more Barry M Gellies at the weekend for stamping purposes. I'm ALL about the stamping now and it's entirely your fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!

      I have a MoYou green stamping polish, and it's excellent. I don't know why I struggle so much with this Konad, it's totally designed for stamping. Hey ho.

      Delete
  2. I sometimes ask my husband to pick a colour for me to wear - most of the time he picks reds! But amazing ones ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the wobbly effect on your ring & little fingers, it makes it look like fabric, but I see what you mean. One or other of MO & Nails Inc (the bottles get me confused) have a new foil collection out, and I've seen some good stamping with them, more colours than the Barry M foils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be the Models Own Chromes. They look nice. I wish they had stronger colours though, they're mostly a bit pastel.

      Delete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...