Saturday 17 December 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Candy Shop

Post 3 of my weekend spam-fest is a Barbie pink glitterbomb!

candy shop 6
I went Christmas shopping yesterday, and managed to buy myself FOUR bottles of Deborah Lippmann nail varnish! I think that's allowed though, because this was a bargain!
deborah lippmann set 1
This set was £28 in House of Fraser, and for that you get three bottles in a nice sturdy box: Happy Birthday (multi coloured glitter in a clear base), Candy Shop (the same glitter in a pink jelly base), and Forget You (the same glitter in a black jelly base). That's £9.30 per bottle, which is great when you consider that usually Deborah Lippmann polishes cost £14 or £16.  I already have Happy Birthday, but I can give this one to someone, so technically I suppose it was Christmas shopping! (Yes, you can count. I did also buy another bottle on top of this set! I'll post that another day.)
deborah lippmann set 2
Anyway, this is Candy Shop. It's a pale pink jelly base with multi coloured glitter in different sizes and shapes.  I really loved how one coat looked - very sheer and shiny and such a pretty shade of pink, with random bits of glitter scattered through it. Then I went on and added two more coats, and I love how it looks. It's so pretty, and because the glitter is mixed in with the pink it looks totally different to a pink nail varnish with a separate glitter on top. The glitter looks a lot more subtle in this, I think. 

candy shop 4

And just to make the weekend even better - the sun came out for about an hour! A whole hour! YAY!!
candy shop 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...