Sunday 22 September 2013

Liebster Award

I've done the Liebster award before, but not for ages, so when the lovely Rachael at Glossy Polish nominated me, I thought - why not?  Plus I've been meaning to do a post anyway about promoting new blogs, so it's the perfect opportunity to combine both.



This 'award' is a way for new bloggers to get to know each other. It is not actually an award, there are no judges and no special rules. If you get nominated you can choose to accept it and if you wish, pass it on. The 'rules' are as follows:
  • You must link back to the person who nominated you
  • You have to answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
  • You must nominate 11 fellow bloggers with under 200 followers
  • You have to ask 11 questions to your nominees
  • You must make the 11 nominees aware that you have nominated them
  • You can include 11 facts about yourself if you wish
So first up, Rachael's questions for me, and my answers:
 
 
1. What are your 3 holy grail beauty products?
Hm... well if holy grail means unattainable and likely not to exist, then I'll say an eye cream that really does get rid of grey circles, something that makes my thin hair stronger and thicker and a nail varnish that looks like molten gold but never peels or chips.
2. Do you prefer to wear heavy eye make up or a coloured lip? Or both?
Neither - I hardly ever wear makeup, and if I do it's never heavy eye make up. I suppose I wear a lipstick once in a blue moon, so I suppose I have to choose that option.
3. What kind of blogposts do you like to read most? Reviews or tutorials?
Reviews usually - I like to know if it's worth buying a particular colour, brand or collection. There are certain bloggers whose opinions I know I can trust, which is especially helpful for polishes that aren't available to buy in shops in the UK; if I'm buying online I want to know what I'm getting. I do like tutorials though.
4. What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
Hm.. hard to choose, but I think China Glaze is the most consistently impressive.
5. What is your favourite cleanser?
I only use water.
6. What is your favourite beauty brand?
For things like moisturiser I tend to go for supermarket own brand (or Clarins if people are buying me Christmas presents), for nail varnish, China Glaze, for shampoo I use Aussie, and that's it, I think.
7. What is your favourite nail colour to wear?
GOLD!!
8. Who/what inspired you to start a beauty blog?
I'm not sure I remember now! But generally just reading other blogs and thinking it looked fun.
9. What are your three favourite blogs?
Only THREE? I always look through my blog feed, showing titles and initial photos. I don't open every link, but the three I'd say I most often click through to read the full post would probably be Fashion Polish, Pointless Cafe, and Manicurator. Also Brit Nails. And The Nailasaurus (although she is like a different breed of nail god).   And One Nail to Rule them All.
10. Describe your idea of the perfect day.
This could vary a lot depending on time of year and how I'm feeling, but I'd currently say:
I'd wake up in my own bed after a really long and uninterrupted sleep. My cat would be sleeping away and purring somewhere half way down the bed (NOT on my head) and I would wake up gently because the sunshine is coming through the curtains (NOT because a hungry cat is pawing at my face!)
I would wander downstairs to find post on the mat - it would be some exciting and unexpected nail stuff, maybe some money, a job offer, an invitation to an all expenses paid trip to see Springsteen in Australia next March, that sort of thing.
Then I'd make a nice pot of fresh coffee, and a bacon sandwich would appear out of nowhere without me having to cook it. Then my neighbour would appear and ask if he could mow my lawn, seeing as I never have time.
Then I'd go out somewhere really nice and have a long walk in the countryside with sunshine and a nice fresh breeze, without getting blisters or sore feet.
Then I'd call in on a good friend and we'd chat and natter and have a good catch up, and then I'd cook us a really nice dinner, and we'd watch some Doctor Who on dvd, and then I'd go home to my lovely cat and go to bed, knowing I don't have to get up for work tomorrow.
11. If you could get on a flight tomorrow, where would you fly to?
America, I think. I've done a few USA road trips with my mum over the years, and we really enjoy them. I'd like to do another one soon!
 
 
The last thing I need to do is to nominate 11 more blogs to pass this on to. This ties in with what I mentioned at the start - I've been meaning to do a post to spread the word a bit about all the new blogs out there at the moment. My British Blogs page has had lots of additions recently, and a lot of ladies have been emailing me asking to be added. I think nail blogging is going crazy at the moment!  So some of this list are very very new and don't have many posts at all yet. Some are definitely really good, some are harder to tell because they have only just got started (not that I mean they're not good!), but they're all keen on nails, which can't be bad!  So please do click and have a look at these blogs!
 
Galorious
Robin Sparkles
Fundamentally Flawless
Polished Penny
Keely's Nails
Natalie's Nifty Nails
Life in Lacquer
Moose's Mode
Passion for Nails
Polished Paws
Jennie Stamp
Shades of Shell

Oops, that's 12! Never mind.

My questions then for these bloggers, should they choose to accept:

1. Nails - spots or stripes?
2. Nails - glossy or matte?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. Eggs or bacon?
5. Sweet or savoury?
6. What's your ideal holiday?
7. What's your favourite nail colour?
8. If all your nail varnish was being swept away in a flood and you could reach out and grab ONE bottle, which would you save?
9. Which of your nail posts are you most proud of? Give us a link!
10. Which of your nail posts is the most viewed, and does that surprise you?
11. How many bottles of nail varnish do you own?

If you decide to have a go at this, please leave me a link here so I can check out your answers! 
 

And thanks again to Rachael for nominating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...