Wednesday 24 September 2014

Autumnal Stamping with Barry M Gelly

I bought this stamping plate some time ago, but was waiting to use it because it seems really autumnal to me! It's MoYou London Mother Nature 09, which you can see in full here.  I really love the ears of corn and wheat design.


I started with a base of Barry M Truffle, from the Silks collection. I then stamped using a variety of the new Autumn Gelly colours Mustard, Paprika and Cocoa. 


This didn't turn out quite how I'd hoped, although I do really like how the thumbnail looks!


The middle finger especially came out messier and less distinct than I wanted. 


I do really like how good the Gelly range is for stamping though. They're thick and highly pigmented and carry a design really well. 
I'll have to try using this plate again another time and see if I can get the end result more how it was in my head. In the meantime, I quite like bits of this...




18 comments:

  1. These are really great, they look so ready for the autumn to come! I am definitely as I love warm jumpers and boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm always WAY too hot, so I love autumn because I can start to wear normal clothes without sweating and feeling like a giant tomato.

      Delete
  2. Super autumnal combo, the Barry M Gellys are such a well collated collection for this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the colours work so well together don't they?

      Delete
  3. This is great stamping and perfect for autumn for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are just perfection. Love this design so much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it was a bit of a fail, but maybe I was being a bit critical, lol!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe it was more successful than I'd thought!

      Delete
  7. I love these! Would be perfect for Harvest Festival celebrations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad people seem to like these. :)

      And wow! I haven't heard anyone mention a harvest festival in maybe 30 years! Do they still exist? That's nice to know...

      Delete
  8. I love this! Such a beautiful fall design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful! perfect choice of colours

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments! But please don't spam me with links to your sales website here!.

If you have a blog that you'd like me to check out, then I'm more than happy to do so - just drop me an email. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...